Here are 5 different options for pre-workout fuel/snacks:
- Banana with almond butter: Bananas are rich in carbohydrates and potassium, which provide energy and help maintain muscle function during exercise. Almond butter contains healthy fats and protein, which helps slow down the release of carbohydrates into the bloodstream for a sustained energy boost.
- Greek yogurt with berries: Greek yogurt is high in protein and low in sugar, which helps maintain muscle mass and stabilize blood sugar levels. Berries are rich in antioxidants and fiber, which provide sustained energy and improve digestion.
- Trail mix with nuts and dried fruit: Trail mix is a great option for pre-workout fuel as it provides a mix of carbohydrates, healthy fats, and protein. Nuts are a great source of healthy fats and protein, while dried fruit provides natural sugars and carbohydrates.
- Rice cake with hummus and vegetables: Rice cakes are a low-calorie option that provides carbohydrates for energy. Hummus is a good source of protein and healthy fats, while vegetables provide important nutrients and fiber.
- Smoothie with protein powder, fruit, and spinach: Smoothies are a great way to get a mix of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. Adding protein powder to the smoothie helps provide sustained energy during exercise, while fruit provides natural sugars and carbohydrates. Adding spinach provides important nutrients and fiber.